Committee Introductions


Hi everyone!

My name is Alex Edgar and I will be your head chair this year for Senate. I am a second year at UC Berkeley originally from Simi Valley, California. I am a Political Science major with minors in Public Policy, Political Economy, and Education. This is my second year of MUN and in Senate, which is by far the best committee. Outside of BMUN, I am the Director of the ASUC Vote Coalition, Civic Engagement Director for the UC Student Association, and an intern with the University of California National Center for Free Speech and Civic Engagement and California Common Cause. In my free time I love to go on hikes, cook and bake delicious food, and explore all of the amazing activities and restaurants in the Bay Area. I am thrilled to meet you all soon! My dais and I are looking forward to your expertly researched, passionate, and enjoyable discussions. Please reach out if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

Best,

Alex Edgar (he/him)











Hi everyone!

My name is Sanjay Rangavajjhala, and I am honored to be a vice chair for this session of the US Senate. I'm currently a junior at UC Berkeley pursuing a double major in Molecular & Cellular Biology and Computer Science and a minor in Data Science. This is my third year in BMUN, though I have been involved in MUN for over 7 years now. I grew up in the Bay, so have had the opportunity to be a part of BMUN both as a delegate and chair.


Outside of BMUN, I am involved in computational biology research at Lawrence Berkeley National Labs studying immune receptors. In my free time, I enjoy biking, cooking, and watching Dark. I am really excited to explore the topics that we have in line for this year with all of you this coming March! If you have any questions about the committee, the topics, Berkeley, or me, please feel free to reach out. Stay safe, and hope to see you soon!


Best,


Sanjay. (he/him)



















Hey y’all, my name is Ruby Chan-Frey. I’m a sophomore at UC Berkeley from Oakland, CA majoring in Legal Studies. This is my first year with BMUN. Outside of BMUN, I work with grassroots political campaigns and decarceration organizations in the Bay Area and Washington D.C. I’m also part of the Asian Pacific American Pre-Law Association at Cal, play for the Women’s Club Lacrosse Team, and am a coordinator for Cal VSA Lion Dance. In my free time, I enjoy going for runs with my dog, visiting art museums, and reading sci-fi.


Best,

Ruby



Hi everyone! My name is Clara and I am a freshman majoring in Microbial Biology. I grew up in Riverside, CA but was born in Illinois. This is my fifth year in MUN and first with BMUN. When not doing MUN, I am volunteering at the college radio station KALX and am training to be a DJ :). In my free time I also play volleyball (I’ve played for six years) and hike around campus with friends. I am looking forward to BMUN and cannot wait to meet everyone!


Best,

Clara


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SMART Resolutions

Position Paper Tips

Key Terms & Takeaways: Topic A